Students invited to assist with planning Salve Dance Marathon
Next spring, Salve Regina will become the first and only university in Rhode Island to host a dance marathon through the Children’s Miracle Network. Organizers are currently seeking students to take leadership positions or serve on one of five planning committees.
The Salve Dance Marathon will be held from 6 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 23 until noon Sunday, Feb. 24. All proceeds will benefit Hasbro Children’s Hospital in Providence.
“Our commitment is for students to be on their feet (not necessarily dancing, but at least standing) for the full 18 hours,” said Heather Barbour, director of student activities. “Everything is ‘FTK’ – For the Kids.” Families from Hasbro will be present throughout the event.
Interested students are invited to attend a planning meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10 in Wakehurst, Room 204.
There are five planning committees:
- Publicity/Promotion: Get the word out on campus and in the community using social media.
- Dancer Relations: Create line dances, keep up morale and recruit dancers.
- Finance/Sponsorship: Help with getting donations, manage finances and create special events
- Event Logistics: Set up/tear down and organization for the day of event.
- Hospital and Family Relations: Work with Hasbro and meet with families.
For more information on the Salve Dance Marathon, visit their Facebook page or e-mail Kelly Kern.