Theater program presenting “Twelfth Night”
Salve Regina’s theater program will present William Shakespeare’s comedy “Twelfth Night” in the Antone Academic Center’s Megley Theatre Feb. 14-17. Directed by Tom Gleadow, performances will be given at 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, with 2 p.m. matinees Saturday and Sunday.
Tickets are $15 for general admission, $10 for seniors and military and $8 for Salve Regina students, faculty and staff. Tickets are available online or by calling the box office at (401) 341-2250.
Hilarious and heartbreaking, “Twelfth Night” is a tale of unrequited love. Twins are separated in a shipwreck and forced to fend for themselves in a strange land. The first twin, Viola, falls in love with Orsino, who dotes on Olivia, who falls for Viola but is idolized by Malvolio. Enter Sebastian, who is the spitting image of his twin sister…
“This is Shakespeare’s comic masterpiece,” Gleadow said. “Shakespeare himself acknowledges as much, as after this play he wrote no more pure comedies. He had mastered the form and takes it to its logical conclusion: a type of chaos which reflects the human condition as faithfully as any tragedy.”
The cast includes:
- Kathryn Coppa ’19 as Viola
- Vanessa Sciolto ’19 as Olivia
- Jillian Tereshka ’19 as Maria
- Madisyn Mugavero ’19 as Sir Toby Belch
- Morgan Salpietro ’19 as Sir Andrew Aguecheek
- Daniel Landino ’20 as Malvolio
- Julia Curtin ’20 as Feste
- Bradley Simpson ’20 as Orsino
- Claire Noonan ’22 as Fabian
- Ashley McCarthy ’22 as Valentine/Captain/Officer
- Skyler Lasit ’22 as Sebastian
- Sarah Menard ’22 as Antonio
- Alec Kotkowski ’20 as Curio/Priest/Officer
The artistic and production staff includes Abbie Burchard ’21, Christina Cannilla ’22, Maggie Corbutt ’21, Jane Greenip ’22, Morgan Salpietro ’19 and Katja Thomalla ’22.