University community invited to Fall Festival Weekend events
Students, faculty and staff are invited to join alumni, parents and friends for a wide variety of activities related to Fall Festival Weekend, Salve Regina’s alumni homecoming and family weekend, which begins Friday, Oct. 21 and wraps up Sunday, Oct. 23.
A highlight of the weekend will be the Seahawk Village, which will be open from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday on the Wakehurst lawn. The village will feature food vendors, games, music and activities for all ages. Food items will include candy apples, cotton candy, popcorn, a Newport Storm beer garden and Maui Wowi hot chocolate and espressos, while activities will include a children’s corner with bouncy houses and coloring station, moon bounces for the adults, and raffles from different organizations on campus.
All events are free of charge unless indicated otherwise. For more information, contact the Office of Alumni/Parent Programs at (800) 821-2343 or email@example.com. To register for events, visit www.salve.edu/fallfestival.
Friday, Oct. 21
- Kickoff dinner – 5-7 p.m., Miley cafeteria, $10 for adults, $5 for children 5 and under. Kick off Fall Festival weekend with dinner in Miley, featuring an Italian theme and cuisine.
- Murder mystery – 7 p.m., Wakehurst. A fun night for all ages, filled with comedy, crime and capers.
- Hunger Concert – 8 p.m., Ochre Court, $5 for adults, $3 for children 12 and under. Rock out against hunger as you enjoy students’ musical performances while helping to support local soup kitchens.
- Young alumni social – 9 p.m., O’Brien’s Pub, downtown Newport. What better way to get the weekend started than a reception at O’Brien’s? Complimentary appetizers and cash bar.
Saturday, Oct. 22
- 5K Mansion Run and Walk – 8:30 a.m., Rodgers Recreation Center. Lace up your running shoes and sneakers for a fun run or walk through campus and the Ochre Point neighborhood. Registration opens at 7 a.m. Pre-register at salve.edu/run.
- 13 annual Fall Festival Awards Ceremony – 10 a.m., Ochre Court. The ceremony honors and acknowledges academic achievements, community service and those who live the University mission.
- Seahawk Village – 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Wakehurst. Your one-stop shop for activities and Seahawks information.
- Salve Regina Colloquium – Noon to 2 p.m., O’Hare Academic Building. Salve Regina faculty will conduct workshops, lectures and interactive presentations on a variety of topics.
- Pell Honors Program reception – 1-3 p.m., Ochre Court. Dr. Khalil Habib, director of the Pell Honors Program, welcomes Pell alumni, parents and current students to learn more about plans for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Sigma Phi Sigma induction ceremony – 3 p.m., Our Lady of Mercy Chapel. Alumni are invited to join as current students are inducted into the 2016 Sigma class.
- Athletics Hall of Fame dinner and induction ceremony – 6 p.m., Ochre Court, $55 for adults, free for children 15 and under. The event begins with a reception, followed by dinner and inductions. Guests must pre-register at salve.edu/halloffame.
- Parent reception – 8-10 p.m., Hotel Viking, Newport. Enjoy an evening with fellow Salve Regina parents while learning about opportunities to become more involved with the University. Complimentary appetizers and cash bar.
- Movie night: “Finding Dory” – 8 p.m., DiStefano Lecture Hall. Free popcorn will be served.
- Alumni night – 10 p.m., Newport Blues Cafe, downtown Newport. Alumni and friends are welcome at this local hotspot. No cover, cash bar.
Sunday, Oct. 23
- “Discover Salve” campus tours – 9 a.m. to noon, Miley Hall parking lot, $5. Enjoy the charm of Salve Regina’s historic buildings and restored homes on this narrated trolley tour. Pre-registration is encouraged.
- Mass – 11 a.m., Our Lady of Mercy Chapel. Join President Jane Gerety, RSM for coffee and light refreshments following Mass.