University community invited to Fall Festival Weekend events
Members of the Salve Regina community are invited to join alumni, parents and friends for a wide variety of activities related to Fall Festival Weekend, which begins Friday, Oct. 4 and wraps up Sunday, Oct. 6. Students, faculty and staff are welcome to participate in any or all weekend events.
All events are free of charge unless indicated otherwise. Although pre-registration has ended, registration and check-in will be available at the door for any event listed below.
For more information, contact the Office of Alumni, Parent and Family Programs at (800) 821-2343 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, Oct. 4
- Seahawk bonfire – 6-8 p.m., Gerety Hall lawn. Kick off Fall Festival Weekend and show your Salve Regina spirit while making s’mores and enjoying the bonfire with your fellow Seahawks. The first 50 parents/guardians in attendance will receive a free T-shirt.
- Hunger concert – 8 p.m., Ochre Court. Rock out against hunger as you enjoy students’ musical performances while helping to support local soup kitchens. Donations will be accepted at the door.
Saturday, Oct. 5
- Family brunch – 9-11 a.m., Ochre Court, $20 for adults, $10 for students and free for children 5 and under. All families are welcome to enjoy this brunch buffet and cash bar.
- 16th annual Fall Festival awards ceremony – 10:30 a.m., Bazarsky Lecture Hall. The ceremony honors and acknowledges academic achievement, career success and those that live the University mission.
- Campus tree walk and tour – 11 a.m., Ochre Court main entrance. Conducted by Salve Regina staff and local tree experts, the tour will guide visitors through a curated loop of distinct tree specimens in the University’s arboretum.
- Field hockey vs. Roger Williams University – Noon, Gaudet Field.
- Football vs. Endicott College – Noon, Toppa Field.
- Men’s soccer vs. Roger Williams University – Noon, Reynolds Field.
- Women’s tennis vs. Roger Williams University – Noon, Leroy Avenue tennis courts.
- Pell Honors Program reception – Noon to 2 p.m., Ochre Court. The director of the Pell Honors Program welcomes Pell Honors alumni, parents and current scholars to learn about plans for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Seahawk Village – Noon to 4 p.m., Gerety Hall. Your one-stop shop for food, fun and games. Connect with the Seahawk community at this event featuring something for the whole family.
- Sigma Phi Sigma induction ceremony – 12:30 p.m., Our Lady of Mercy Chapel. Alumni are welcome to join in as current Salve Regina students are inducted into the 2019 Sigma class. Light refreshments will be served in the Mercy Center following the ceremony.
- Women’s soccer vs. Roger Williams University – 3 p.m., Reynolds Field.
- Parent reception – 4-6 p.m., Ochre Court. Enjoy an evening with other Salve Regina parents while learning how to become more involved with the University. Complimentary appetizers and cash bar.
Sunday, Oct. 6
- Power yoga – 9 a.m., McAuley Hall lawn. Outdoor yoga for all levels. Bring your own mat. Rain location: Rodgers Recreation Center, Room 039.
- Mass – 11 a.m., Our Lady of Mercy Chapel. Immediately following Mass, visit the Mercy Center downstairs for coffee and light refreshments.
- Athletics Hall of Fame brunch – Noon, Ochre Court, $25, free for children 5 and under. Come celebrate with the 2019 Athletics Hall of Fame class: George “Andy” Andrade, Kaitlyn Birrell Haskell ’13, John Picozzi ’97 and Brian Shanley. Brunch buffet and cash bar.