Winter Storm Alert: January 2015
- The University is closed through Wednesday, Jan. 28.
- Classes will resume and the University will reopen Thursday, Jan. 29.
- This closures also applies to the Center for Adult Education in Warwick.
- The bookstore will be open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Health Services will be open from 1-5 p.m.
- McKillop Library will be open from noon to 8 p.m.
- Miley Mart/Starbucks will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rodgers Recreation Center will open at noon.
Wakehurst and Student Activities
Wakehurst will be open from noon to 10 p.m. Wednesday, with mail services open from noon to 3 p.m. Parking will be available in the Rodgers Recreation Center’s south lot.
All club meetings are canceled through Wednesday. Tickets for CAB’s ski trip to Loon Mountain will not go on sale Wednesday; they will be available beginning at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 3 in the Office of Student Activities. CAB’s mind reader, scheduled for 8 p.m. Thursday, and the WSRU headphone disco dance, scheduled for 9 p.m. Friday, will be held as scheduled.
On-campus transportation via the Ride Line will be available from 6 p.m. to midnight Wednesday. Off-campus transportation will not be available. Normal transportation activity will be resumed Thursday.
All resident parking lots are now clear. Students are asked to move their vehicles back to their designated parking areas as soon as possible to assist with normal operations at the University on Thursday.
Safety and Security and the grounds crew would like to thank all students for their cooperation during the blizzard. The parking lots and campus pathways would not have been cleared as quickly without the assistance of students.
Parking Ban: Off Campus
Middletown: A parking ban is in effect through 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Campus Tours and Information Sessions
All campus tours and information sessions have been canceled through Wednesday. Regularly scheduled tours will resume Thursday, Jan. 29.
Counseling Services will be closed Wednesday, and will resume regular hours on Thursday. Students who are experiencing a mental health emergency are encouraged to contact their area coordinator or Safety and Security at (401) 341-2325.
The drop/add deadline for undergraduate students has been extended to Friday, Jan. 30.
- The Office of Safety and Security is open 24/7. The best number to reach them is (401) 341-2325. If you are unable to reach Safety and Security by phone, notify your RA or area coordinator.
- If you experience a power loss, contact Safety and Security. Emergency crews from National Grid will be on-call during the storm and will restore power as soon as possible.
- Charge your cell phone ahead of time. In the event of a prolonged power loss, this will ensure that you have cell phone usage.
- You should never use candles, even if the power goes out.
Important Phone Numbers
- Safety and Security (24 hours): (401) 341-2325
- National Grid power outage: (800) 465-1212
- National Grid gas leak: (800) 640-1595